Employers and property managers rely upon background screens to make informed hiring and residency decisions and to help mitigate the risk of workplace violence, employee theft, negligent hiring lawsuits and violence at leased properties. PBSA is comprised of professional background screener, Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs), that assist employers and property managers in meeting their screening objectives and requirements.
These resources for businesses are made available by PBSA for educational and informational purposes for those individuals within their company that are responsible for screening in their organizations.
If you are looking for something that you were not able to find, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know how we can be of further assistance.
- Facts About Background Screening
- History of Background Screening
- Who We Are
- Infographic: Background Screening Process
- Infographic: Consumer Benefits of Professional Background Screens
- Infographic: Professional Screen vs Fingerprint Screen
- Infographic: GAO Report Summary
- Infographic: Background Screening Basics
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Summary of Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (eff. 9.21.2018)
- Summary of Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act - En Espanol (eff. 9.21.2018)
- Summary of Rights For Victims of Identity Theft (eff. 9.21.2018)
- Summary of Rights For Victims of Identity Theft - En Espanol (eff. 9.21.2018)
PBSA Industry Survey: Employer Use of Background Checks
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Consideration of Arrest and Conviction Records in Employment Decisions Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Questions and Answers About the EEOC’s Enforcement Guidance on the Consideration of Arrest and Conviction Records in Employment Decisions Under Title VII
Federal Trade Commission
- Summary of Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act & Social Media: What Businesses Should Know
- Notice to Users of Consumer Reports: Obligations of Users Under the FCRA
- What Employment Background Screening Companies Need to Know About the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Using Consumer Reports: What Employers Need to Know
- What Tenant Background Screening Companies Need to Know About the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Using Consumer Reports: What Landlords Need to Know
- FTC Guidance on Screening Tenants
- Background Checks on Prospective Employees: Keep Required Disclosures Simple
EEOC & FTC Jointly
- Background Checks: What Employers Need to Know
Advice geared toward the job applicant. Provides helpful information for employers.
These resources are provided to you on behalf of the PBSA to serve as valuable navigational tools and resources to assist you. This information is intended for general educational and informational purposes only and is not legal advice, expressed or implied. If you need legal advice, consult with a qualified, licensed attorney.