Mike Sankey Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2018, PBSA launched an award to recognize individuals for outstanding contributions made throughout his or her career which have served to advance excellence in the screening profession. At the 2018 Annual Conference, we honored our dear friend and colleague Mike Sankey as recipient of the inaugural PBSA Lifetime Achievement Award. Mike was a Founding Member of PBSA and a remarkable leader who helped develop the screening profession into what it is today. All of us felt the loss with Mike’s passing in February 2019. Now, we keep Mike’s memory alive and remember his standard of dedication in service as we rename the Lifetime Achievement Award to the Mike Sankey Lifetime Achievement Award in his memory.
The Mike Sankey Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honor awarded by PBSA. The award recognizes an individual’s outstanding contributions made throughout their career which have served to advance excellence in the screening profession.
The award recipient must:
- have made outstanding and ongoing accomplishments to the screening profession and/or to PBSA over a lengthy period of time in their professional lives
- have contributed significantly and consistently to the advancement or recognition of the profession
- be recognized as an exceptional leader within the industry
- have openly shared valuable experience with PBSA members
- have been a frequent contributor to the association with one or more of the following: board leadership, conference presentations, webinars, publications or other contributions geared to helping other members achieve business success
No more than one recipient will be awarded annually. Criteria is subject to interpretation by the Board of Directors.
Nominations and Selection
Nominations may be made by any member in good standing of PBSA by May 30 of each year. Nominations are to be kept confidential and nominees should not be made aware of their nominations or asked to participate in the preparation of the nomination materials.
The chair will present the list of nominees to the Leadership Development Committee. The Leadership Development Committee will recommend one nominee to the Executive Committee for their consideration who will then recommend to the Board of Directors for vote. The honoree will then be notified by the chair and invited to attend the PBSA Annual Conference as a guest of honor.
2018 Michael Sankey
2019 Les Rosen
2021 Judy Gootkind
2022 Kerstin Bagus