- US Employment Screening Standard V 3.0 and Audit Criteria Effective 07.01.2024 to present
- US Employment Screening Standard V 2.0 and Audit Criteria Effective 04.06.2018 to 06.30.2024
- General Background Screening Standard V 1.0 and Audit Criteria Effective 10.01.2023 to present
US V3.0 may be used as the accreditation standard for organizations who choose to do so as of January 1, 2024 and will be the required US Standard as of July 1, 2024.
***A note about the clause numbering: You may notice some inconsistent numbering in the clauses of the General Standard. As the General Standard is modeled on the BSOAP (U.S.) Standard, the clause numbers and names have been applied to both wherever possible. This is done to make it easier to compare the requirements of the two Standards and therefore aid organizations that wish to consider securing accreditation under both the U.S. Standard and the General Standard.
For example, Clause 1.1: Information Security Certification is titled the same as in the BSAAP (U.S.) Standard while U.S.-centric clauses have either been renamed (e.g., Clause 2.2) or removed altogether (e.g., Clauses 2.4).
Policies & Procedures
- BSOAP Policies and Procedures (Effective April 20, 2022)
- Accredited Organization Code of Conduct
- Statement of Use for BSOAP Logo
Accreditation Process & Forms
- Instructions to Access BSOAP Accreditation Expiration Dates
- PBSA Accreditation – One Page Flyer
- BSOAP Overview
- Accreditation Process Flowcharts
- Initial Accreditation Letter of Intent Template
- Initial & Reaccreditation Application Packet
- Fee Schedule – Attachment 2 – BSOAP Policies and Procedures
- Interim Surveillance Audit Application
- Reaccreditation Clarification
- Accreditation vs. Certificates