What is the role of the CRTB?
The group provides an authoritative and independent voice, representing a wide range of sectors using criminal record check information, during an unprecedented period of change and digitization of services.
Aims and objectives of the CRTB include:
- To support the UK's safeguarding agenda;
- To encourage the adoption of enhanced identity verification processes;
- To support candidates and users to understand the eligibility checks, and highlight the work of JobsAware (www.jobsaware.co.uk) in preventing employment screening scams;
- To contribute and comment on the development of policy and legislation;
- To promote industry practices and awareness of overseas criminal record checks.
For further information please view the CRTB 5 Point Plan