Criminal Records Trade Body (CRTB)
The Criminal Records Trade Body (CRTB) is a group of UK-based criminal record check professionals. The CRTB is a committee within the Europe Chapter of the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA). PBSA was established to represent the interest of companies offering employment and tenant background screening services.
Founded in 2003 as a not-for-profit trade association, PBSA represents the interests of over 900 member companies around the world that offer tenant, employment and background screening services. PBSA provides relevant programs and training aimed at empowering members to better serve clients and maintain standards of excellence in the background screening industry, and presents a unified voice in the development of national, state and local regulations.
The CRTB is open to all organisations registered with DBS, Disclosure Scotland and Access NI. Working together to promote a culture of safeguarding and referral.
The group provides an authoritative and independent voice, representing a wide range of sectors using criminal record check information, during an unprecedented period of change and digitization of services.
Aims and objectives of the CRTB include:
- To support the UK’s safeguarding agenda;
- To encourage the adoption of enhanced identity verification processes;
- To support candidates and users to understand eligibility of checks, and highlight the work of SAFERjobs (www.safer-jobs.com) in preventing employment screening scams;
- To contribute and comment on the development of policy and legislation;
- To promote best practice and awareness of overseas criminal record checks.
Click here to join now.