Katie Kulp

Katie Kulp headshot
katie.kulp@certn.co

Vice President
Certn

Provide a short summary of your background, affiliations and experience as they pertain to the work of PBSA.

My experience in the background screening industry began in 2006. Shortly after, I was introduced to PBSA, and my meaningful involvement in the association since then spans 10+ years. Outside of regularly attending conferences and monthly webinars to expand my industry knowledge, I have taken advantage of certification opportunities that PBSA offers and have participated on multiple committees. More specifically, I maintain my PBSA Advanced FCRA Certification, have successfully obtained company PBSA Accreditation and have been an active member of the Industry Practices Committee, Litigation Avoidance Subcommittee and the Government Relations Committee for several years. Most recently, I took on the task of Co-Chairing the Government Relations Committee two years ago. Though I was reluctant, having big shoes to fill, taking the opportunity to impact our industry on a larger scale was hands down one of my best professional decisions to date. This privilege not only served as an unbelievable learning experience but, more importantly, resulted in two exciting, impactful initiative for PBSA: The State-Level Advocacy Day Program and the Metro Captain Program. As a result of collaborative efforts and volunteer work from GR committee members, these programs have been successfully implemented to increase the number of PBSA legislative wins on behalf of our members. Being a part of these efforts has taught me how easy it can be to make a real difference in the association. I want nothing more than the chance to help make the PBSA footprint even larger. Being elected to the Board would give me the opportunity to do so along with other members who are committed to doing the same. I am confident that I would offer a level of dedication and input that would prove beneficial to all PBSA members.

From your perspective, what are the three most important priorities that PBSA should pursue during the next two years?

• To more successfully create, track and fully execute individual committee goals without regard to co-chair changes - this includes more closely tracking activities within the committees from start to finish to stay on track and meet end goals.

• Increase committee member participation to allow for greater association impact.

• Increase the benefit for member companies who obtain and maintain accreditation status. i.e. motivational approach resulting in more accredited companies as well.

How do you see your contribution on the Board for realizing these priorities?

Should fellow Board members agree with the value of these priorities, I will confidently take steps in the right direction and work with committee leaders to develop strategies which will realize them.

What is your long-term vision for PBSA’s impact on the background screening industry?

I agree with the association’s current vision of becoming the trusted global authority for the screening profession.

By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or otherwise continuing to use our site, you acknowledge that you accept our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.