Submission Portal Now Open!
Click Here To Start Your Submission
Sessions will take place on March 25-26, 2024 in Arlington, VA. All presenters must be available at the scheduled session time during the live event.
The educational breakout sessions are 50 minutes in length and are listed by topic track. The tracks include, but are not limited to: Business, Drug Testing, International, Legal/Compliance, Tenant Screening, and Other. Sessions can focus on foundational information, or advanced-level learning.
SUBMISSION PROPOSAL DEADLINE: JANUARY 5, 2024.
- Open to PBSA members and nonmembers.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Maximum of (5) proposals per presenter.
- No fees are required to submit a proposal.
- PBSA does not pay speaker fees or expenses.
- Speakers receive a 50% discount on registration.
- Non-industry speakers are welcome to attend their session at no cost.
- Your proposal must provide educational content and must not appear to be a sales or marketing pitch for a company, product, or service.
Our audience includes background screening industry professionals who represent consumer reporting agencies (background screeners), partners to CRAs who may provide products or services used in the preparation of consumer reports, and End-Users (i.e. employers). Please keep all audiences in mind and ensure nothing is presented which would advantage one member over another.
Suggestions to help get you started:
- Accreditation Session
- Advanced Tenant Screening
- Advanced-Level Compliance (US or Non-US)
- Credit Reporting/State Laws
- Data Privacy
- Data Transfer (Europe, US, UK)
- Data Privacy Frame
- Statis of Challenges
- Drug Testing
- New Marijuana Laws 2024
- Proctored Collections
- Future of Screening
- Global Privacy Development
- Help for Small CRAs
- How-To Sessions
- Risk Management
- Policy Management
- Obtain New Clients
- Compliance Management
- Internal Audits
- Legal/Compliance Topics
- Limited Identifiers on the Record
- Confirm a Record Belongs to an Applicant
- Operations and Best Practices
- Pacer Session - Around the White Paper
- Product Innovation
- New Technologies/Increasing Efficiency
- Understanding the Role of Our Regulators(FTC/CFPB)
- Wallet Technology
The Education Resource Committee (ERC) Task Force will review all proposals based on:
- Relevance to the audience.
- Experience/expertise of presenters/speakers.
- Definition and focus of the topic.
- Timeliness and importance of topic.
- Overall quality of the program.
Want to Present but need a topic?
If you are interested in presenting at the Mid-Year but are looking for more guidance to become a presenter, please email email@example.com.